Make Art a Part of Your Life
Whether it’s learning to paint a portrait or understand abstraction, you can learn about art at any age! Join others like you who are learning at the Gallery.
- Charlotte Whitney Allen Art Library: Research or simply browse in our library dedicated to the visual arts. Materials for children and adults.
- Creative Workshop: Enroll in Rochester’s art school where you’ll learn about art from artists. Featuring classes for all ages, from beginner to advanced.
- Family Days: Enjoy free family events featuring hands-on art activities, music and dance demonstrations, storytelling, and cultural displays. learn more
- Lifelong Learning: Join us for guided tours, lectures and programs.
- Teacher Resources: Book school tours, download lesson plans & classroom activities, borrow materials from our Teacher Resource Center and attend Professional Development Workshops.
Support for the Estelle B. Goldman Curator of Education is provided by the estate of Estelle B. Goldman. The McPherson Director of Education is endowed by an anonymous donor.
- Sign Language Interpretation for Gallery Programs *
- Touch tours for visitors who are blind or visually impaired *
- Tours for people living with Alzheimer’s and related dementia and their care givers*: watch this Alzheimer’s Association video.
- Audio Descriptions for the Visually Impaired: Detailed verbal descriptions of selected paintings are available for visitors who are visually impaired. Learn more
* Please call the Education Department at 585.276.8971 two weeks in advance to request these services.