M&T Bank Clothesline Festival T-shirt Contest
DEADLINE: MIDNIGHT ON FRIDAY, JUNE 1, 2012
How many Clothesline Festival T-shirts do you have in your drawers? If you have lived in Rochester, NY for any length of time, you probably have a few! Each year, a new design is created to be worn by Gallery staff and volunteers and sold at the Festival. See some examples in this image below. Recognize any?
This year we would like to open the 2012 T shirt design to include New York artists and designers. Want to become a part of Clothesline history? Read more below:
16 Clothesline T shirt Designs 1983 - 2011
The 2012 M&T Bank Clothesline Festival is conducting a T-shirt design contest for at least one edition of 500 tees of the winning design. All submissions will be reviewed by the Clothesline Committee comprised of Memorial Art Gallery staff, volunteers and board members. The prize will be $250 to the winner plus entry for four people to the 2012 Clothesline Festival. Your design could be printed and sold by the Memorial Art Gallery Store, in our online store at maggallerystore.com, and in the Gallery Store tent the weekend of the festival. Additionally, your artwork will be credited on our website.
- Each applicant may only make one submission.
- The design will only be on the front of the shirt.
- The artwork must use the full name of the organization, location and year. (Clothesline Festival, Rochester, NY, 2012) without largely veering from its original identity or representing imagery irrelevant to the mission.
- The artwork must use the logo of our presenting sponsor, M&T Bank. Right-click on the logo at the bottom of this page to download the image.
- Strong points for creativity and thoughtful representations of the culture, mission, and spirit of the Clothesline Festival.
- Strong points for highlighting the theme that we are a Green Festival in the design. We are diligently working on making this year’s Clothesline green.
- The design will be placed in the center chest area. Art can be no more than 9 inches wide by 12 inches tall, utilize no more than 3 ink colors and must be submitted as Adobe Illustrator EPS file.
- Submissions may be sent as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- OR – mail or drop off your submission on a CD to:
Memorial Art Gallery Store
500 University Ave
Rochester, NY 14607
Attn: Colleen Griffin-Underhill
- You must be 18 years or older to submit. If you’re younger you can still make a design, but it must be submitted on your behalf by a parent or guardian.
- You must submit your design by midnight on Friday, June 1, 2012.
These and other rules are elaborated in the agreement below:
- By submitting you are agreeing to all contest rules.
- Limited to residents of New York State.
- The Memorial Art Gallery will own all rights to the winning design. By submitting, you agree that if yours is the winning design, it will be used on Gallery Store merchandise.
- We will not accept late submissions so make sure to get yours in on time.
- We reserve the right to make adjustments to the winning design.
Click on the HERE
, to go to a new page with the logos. Then, right-click on the image to save to your computer.