Grants and Awards News
In March 2011, the Memorial Art Gallery website won top honors for its category (nonprofit/cultural) at Rochester Business Journal‘s annual “Best of the Web” awards. Launched in November 2010, the Gallery’s redesigned website was a joint effort of MAG and UR’s communications and IT departments. Among the new features: online shopping at the Gallery Store and improved graphics and navigation.
In May, the site also won a 2011 Bronze Award in the Individual Sub-Website category at the CASE Circle of Excellence Awards Program. “With 89 other sites up for consideration,” says Stephen Dow, UR acting director of creative services, “this is a great honor.”
Pictured: Michael Osadciw, graphics coordinator at UR communications and designer of the MAG website (front row, green shirt) holds the “Best of the Web” plaque. To his left is Patti Giordano, the Gallery’s manager of marketing/communications.
Grants and Awards archives
- September 2011: Clothesline Merit Award Winners
- Spring 2011: Burbank Portraits Back from Conservation Treatment
- Fall 2010: Dixon Family Portraits Back from Conservation Treatment
- August 2009: Conservation Grant Will Treat Four Objects in Collection
- Summer 2009: Federal Grants Will Support Education Programs
- May 2009: Grant Funds Conservation of Renaissance Tapestry
Page 2 of 2 | Previous page