What does my membership donation fund?
- The money from membership goes directly to our Operating Income, which funds the day-to-day operations of the gallery. In other words, it helps to keep our lights on!
When should I expect to receive my membership cards?
- Your membership cards will arrive approximately two weeks from the day your membership is processed. If you would like to visit the Gallery but have not yet received your card, simply present your photo ID at the Admission Desk.
How do I obtain a replacement membership card?
- Please call the Membership office at 585-276-8939 to request a new card or fill out our online form. We will replace membership cards at least 3 months before expiration. To visit the Gallery without your membership card, simply present your photo ID at the Admission Desk.
What happened to the guest passes I used to receive?
- As of March 1, 2013 we have made our memberships 100% tax deductible (see below). As a result, we can no longer mail out guest passes, but we are offering guests of members’ half-price admission. You can use this benefit as many times as you like throughout the span of your membership. As always, guests of members at the Patron level and above get free admission for their guests.
Can I have a person who does not live in my household on my membership?
- Full-time college students with a valid ID may purchase a membership for $35. Please apply on site.
What exactly does a Family membership mean? Can I bring my aunt, sister, grandma, etc. on my membership?
- No. A Family membership applies to two adults (age 18 and older) living in the same household listed on the membership and all resident children and grandchildren (do not need to live in the same household) under the age of 18. Any other family members (adults 18 and older) need to pay admission, but it is half price since they are attending with a member (you!).
Is my membership tax-deductible?
- As of March 1, 2013, memberships to the University of Rochester Memorial Art Gallery are fully deductible for income tax purposes to the extent provided by law. You should receive a receipt from the University of Rochester (separate from your membership cards) indicating this approximately one week after your membership is processed. Please consult your tax adviser.
Do you offer a senior discount?
- No, we do not offer a discount on memberships for seniors.
Do you offer a membership discount for University of Rochester employees?
- University of Rochester employees with a valid ID may purchase a new membership at the Individual, Family and Reciprocal levels at a 50% discount. Please apply on site or by phone.
Do you offer a membership discount for college students?
- Full-time college students with a valid ID may purchase a membership for $35. Please apply on site or by phone.
What levels of membership receive reciprocity through the North American Reciprocal Program participating institutions?
How many preview party tickets do I get? Can I invite or bring guests not on my membership? Can I pay for additional tickets?
- The number of tickets goes hand in hand with your membership level, Individual members typically get one ticket, Family members typically get two, Reciprocal members typically get four, Patron and above typically get six tickets to the VIP reception at the party which can also be used to attend the General Party. You may give these tickets to whomever you wish. Unlike in the past, you cannot purchase additional tickets. However, if you would like an extra ticket or two please ask and if space allows, we will be happy to honor your request.