M&T Bank Clothesline Festival:
2016 Volunteer Job Descriptions
September 10–11, 2016 | Clothesline visitor info | back to online volunteer form
The success of Clothesline depends on our dedicated corps of volunteers. Work a shift and get free admission to the Festival before or after your shift. Volunteer opportunities include:
Admission Gate Volunteer
- Duties: Welcome Festival attendees, collect admission and provide basic directions
- Preparation: Start your shift by attending a brief, informative orientation session where you will meet your Gate Captain. Sunscreen, a hat and weatherproof clothing are suggested.
- Location: Sculpture Park entrance or Prince Street Entrance
- Shifts: Saturday 8:45 am–noon, Saturday 11:30 am–3 pm, Saturday 2:30–6 pm; Sunday 9:15 am–12:30 pm, Sunday noon–3 pm, Sunday 2:30–5 pm
Creative Workshop Volunteer
- Duties: A few past Creative Workshop students and friends needed to help with Clothesline art activities
- Location: Creative Workshop
- Shifts: Friday for setup and promotion from 9 am–1 pm; Saturday 10:30 am–5 pm, Saturday 10:30 am–2:30 pm, Saturday 1–5 pm, Sunday 10:30 am–5 pm, Sunday 10:30 am–2:30 pm, Sunday 1–5 pm
Gallery Store Volunteer
- Duties: Assist with sales, provide customer service, keep tables neat and organized.
- Preparation: The Gallery Store Staff will assist you with what you need to know on the day that you volunteer.
- Location: In the Gallery Store and outside at the store tent.
- Shifts: Saturday 7–11 am, Saturday 11 am–2 pm, Saturday 2–6 pm; Sunday 8 am–noon, Sunday noon–5 pm
Library Book Sale Setup/Teardown
- Duties: Assist with moving and unpacking heavy boxes for library book sale
- Shifts: Saturday 8:30–10 am, Monday 8:30 am–noon
Library Book Sale
- Duties: Keep book sale tables neat and organized; help people find things; fill out sales paper forms (no experience necessary.)
- Shifts: Saturday 10 am–2 pm, Saturday 2-6 pm; Sunday 10 am-2 pm, Sunday 2-5 pm
Package Check Volunteer
- Duties: Take possession of food, umbrellas and packages while visitors go into the Gallery, give visitors claim checks and store their items, return items when visitors exit the Gallery.
- Location: Inside at Pavilion or Group Tour Entrance, with two volunteers per shift per location
- Shifts: Saturday 9:45 am–12:30 pm, Saturday 12:15–3 pm, Saturday 2:45–6:15 pm; Sunday 9:45 am-12:30 pm, Sunday 12:15–3 pm, Sunday 2:45–5:15 pm