Blurring the Lines between Art and the Landscape
The Design of the Centennial Sculpture Park
Mark Bayer, Landscape Architect
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
10:15 Coffee — 11:00 a.m. Program
Mark Bayer, Landscape Architect for the Memorial Art Gallery’s Centennial Park, is responsible for the planning and design of hundreds of noteworthy landscapes in New York State. Mark will outline his plans for the MAG grounds with specific reference to the Cutler Union Entry Walk, Plaza and Gardens for which the Gallery Council has made a sizable financial commitment.
This is an exciting time for the Gallery! Mark’s presentation will help create a better understanding and support of this project. At the end of the program, Joe Carney, Director of Gallery Advancement and Sandy Koon, GC Campaign Chair will update us on the status of the Gateways to Art campaign as well as our progress toward meeting our commitment to the campaign.
Invite your friends and make a reservation by calling Lynda Serafine at 585-276-8910 or e-mailing Lynda at email@example.com.
Tour of the Miami Art Scene
March 1-3, 2012
Join us in Miami to escape the end of a Rochester winter and to experience the vibrant Miami arts scene.
• Visit tropical Fairchild Gardens to delight in whimsical art installations and the European-inspired Viscaya Mansion filled with stunning art and furnishings overlooking Biscayne Bay.
• Take part in Coral Gables First Friday Art Walk to visit the many galleries within an easy walk of our hotel.
• Take a walking tour of South Beach’s art deco scene and a sunset cruise to see the mansions on Millionaire’s Row.
• Experience Arteamericas, the premier art fair of Latin and South American art which showcases latest trends. Galleries representing hundreds of emerging artists and renowned masters exhibit annually at the fair.
• Stay at a charming boutique hotel in Coral Gables.
More details soon
Switch to our mobile site