Summers at MAG are dedicated to the art of upstate New York. On alternating years, the Gallery presents juried and invitational exhibitions that showcase regional artists working in a variety of media.
For the 6th Rochester Biennial, the Gallery’s director and curators have selected these six exceptional artists, each presenting recent work:
- Juan Carlos Caballero-Perez, Henrietta (jewelry, sculpture)
- Richard Hirsch, Churchville (ceramic sculptures, encaustic paintings)
- Jeff Kell, Rush (ceramic sculptures)
- Kumi Korf, Ithaca (prints, artist’s books)
- Lynette K. Stephenson, Hamilton (paintings)
- Kim Waale, Manlius (mixed media installation)
This exhibition is sponsored by M&T Bank. Additional support is provided by COMIDA, Constellation Brands, Inc. and the Rubens Family Foundation.
Pictured: Richard Hirsch, Crucible #14 (2012). Collection of the artist.