Fiberart International Family Day
Memorial Art Gallery
Sunday, June 26, 2011
12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Admission is free to this family day that celebrates the exhibition Fiberart International. All ages will enjoy:
Complete schedule of events
- Hands-on art activities for children (noon-4 pm)
- Color warp, a large scale interactive outdoor weaving project using MAG’s iron gate led by artist Heather Layton (noon-4 pm)
- Face Painting on the lawn (12:30-3 pm)
- Music by Abe's Lily and Friends, featuring Laurie Hunt (upright electric bass), Nick Tiberio (fiddle) and Mark Warford (bouzouki and cuattro) (12:30-1 pm & 2:30-3 pm)
- Gallery tours and tours of Fiberart International (1 pm and 2 pm)
- Storytelling with Howard Edmond (1-1:30 pm)
- “Flying Colors” interactive dance using fabrics with Elizabeth Clark Dance Ensemble (1:30-2:10 pm & 3-3:40 pm)
Fiberart Family Day is sponsored by Time Warner Cable and the Robert and Madeleine S. Heilbrunn Memorial Fund.
Pictured is St. Louis—Wish You Were Hair (2008) by American artist Pam RuBert.
More about the exhibition